Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tomato Basil Chicken

For the first time since starting my little blog, I am sharing a recipe that I haven't tried yet! I was going to make it tonight, but I didn't have all of the ingredients and could not bring myself to dragging my three little ones to the store once again! I have a feeling that it is going to be tasty though. If someone gets around to trying it before I do, you'll have to let me know how it turns out.

8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 cups plain yogurt
1 (10 oz) box Tomato-Basil Wheat Thins
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes

Chicken Sauce: 1 can cream of chicken & 1 cup milk

Rinse chicken breast halves and pat dry. Pour yogurt into a small dish. Crush crackers into fine crumbs. In a separate dish, blend cracker crumbs with Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken breast halves into yogurt, coating both sides. Roll in crumbs until well coated. Place in greased baking pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until chicken is done. For sauce, combine soup and milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Serve over chicken.

No comments: