Sunday, June 21, 2009

Unmotivated But A New Dessert!

Obviously I have been completely unmotivated to keep up with this blog. Now that summer is here I want to spend my free time outside playing and eating watermelon! So, I am going to take the summer off. I will keep collecting new recipes so that once the fall starts, I have a variety of new ones to share. If anyone discovers any new good recipes in the next few months, send them my way. I am also thinking of making this a shared blog so that other people can post their favorite recipes. If you are interested in joining, let me know. Have a happy summer!!

I will leave you with my newest favorite summer dessert. This one came from my Sister-in-law, Chaliese and if you like orange creamcicles, you will love this!

Frosty Orange Cream Layered Dessert
2 cups orange sherbet
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. orange juice
8 oz. cool whip

Line a bread pan with tinfoil and spoon sherbet into the bottom of the pan. Put in freezer for 10 minutes. Beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth add the orange juice and mix well. Fold in the cool whip and place mixture on top of the orange sherbet. Cover and put in freezer for at least three hours or overnight. To serve, take out of pan and peel the foil away. Cut into slices. Serves 12.

3 comments:

Us said...

That recipe sounds yummy. I love to cook and experiment so I'd be happy to share my tried and true recipes with you and your readers.

Sara said...

Hey Amber, I would be interested in contributing recipes to a shared blog!

Emily said...

Ohhh, that sounds good. Thanks for sharing!