Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year!

I'm back! Sorry about my sebatical from recipe sharing. I'm ready to start the year off right with some new, healthy recipes. One of my resolutions this year is to eat healthier so I am trying to make my recipes lower in fat and higher in fiber. Fruits and vegetables, here I come! The recipe I am sharing today is actually from Weight Watchers. It is one of my favorite rice recipes and makes a great side dish to grilled or baked chicken.

Brown Rice Salad with Black Beans and Corn
1 cup instant brown rice
15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
2 Tbsp. cilantro, fresh, chopped
2 tsp. (or less) pickled, minced, jalapeno pepper
1 tsp. lime zest, finely grated
1/4 tsp. table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
1 medium lime quartered

Cook rice according to direcions. While rice is still warm, stir in remaining ingredients. Serve with lime wedges.

No comments: