Friday, November 21, 2008

And the Winners Are. . .

My friend Sarah Westbrook won the apron and a new friend, Autumn won the cookie scoop. Here is Sara's yummy recipe that she posted. I am very excited to try it. I think my hubby will love it. Thanks Sara and thanks to the rest of you who posted recipes as well. I am excited to try all of them!

Black Beans and Kielbasa Soup

3 cans black beans
4 cans chicken broth
5 large carrots chopped
1 kielbasa sliced(I use turkey kielbasa, because it's healthier.)
1 diced onion
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Put all ingredients into a crockpot and simmer on high for 3-4 hours. If you use dried beans then be sure to presoak them and extend the cooking time to 6 hours on high or 8-10 on low in your slow cooker. I usually serve this up with some good old rhodes rolls (if I'm feeling lazy), or some homemade bread (If I'm feeling ambitious).

Also, I discovered that Autumn has a blog with the same name as mine. Check THIS out to get some great menu ideas and some more new recipes. Thanks Ladies for participating in my drawing. I wish I could send something to all of you. Don't worry though, we'll do another one! If Autumn and Sarah could send me their addresses so I can send them their goods that would be great! miffywolford@gmail.com. In the next few days keep your eyes out, I will be posting some side dishes and pie recipes for Thanksgiving!

No comments: