Monday, November 24, 2008

Pie, Oh How I Love Pie!

Here are a few of my favorite pie recipes. I am usually lazy and buy Marie Calendar's frozen crusts!! Hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving. I won't be posting any more recipes until after the holiday.

Pecan Pie- This is my mom's recipe and it's one of the best I've tried!
3 eggs
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. dark Karo syrup
1/2 c. light Karo syrup
1 c. pecan halves

Beat eggs and sugars until thick and smoothe. Add rest of ingredients and beat well. Bake on 350 for 1 hour or until pie doesn't wiggle when you move it.

Oats and Honey Granola Pie - This one I got off of Oprah a few years ago!
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. corn syrup
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
4 bars (2 packages) Oats N' Honey granola bars, crushed
1/4 c. oats
1/2 c. walnuts
1/4 c. chocolate chips

Mix together in order listed, pour into pie shell and bake on 350 for 45 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream! Yummy!

Banana Cream Pie- This one is from my sis-in-law and it is my favorite!!
4 egg yolks, beat and set aside
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. milk (It has a rich flavor if you use half canned milk and half regular milk.)

Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Let boil for one minute. Add egg yolks and boil for one more minute. Stir consistenly throughout heating and boiling stages. Take off of heat and add 2 Tbsp. of softened butter and 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla. Pour into a pie crust that has been covered with slices of fresh banana. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool in the refrigerator for several hours. Garnish with whipped cream and banana slices.

1 comment:

Annalee Kelly said...

I'm getting excited for...
dinner! I'm excited also for Twilight with you gals, Christmas Story Monopoly, bowling and shopping. We're going to try this new place in Rigby called "The Prepared Pantry". Can't wait until you get here! Also, I'm excited Sarah's bringing the pork salads!